Mechanical and Electrical Estimating
What we do
Our experienced mechanical and electrical estimators can provide the following services:
- Labour and material take offs
We provide you with the necessary quantities for you to work out the estimate value
- Full labour and material estimates
We work out the full estimate value for you
- Design and build estimates
We produce a concept design and a labour and material estimate for you
- Budget quotations
We provide you with approximate costings for your project
- Value engineering
We calculate where you could save money by offering a more economically advantageous tender proposal
- Other estimating services include;
The preparation of a schedule of rates (S.O.R’s), the preparation of a Bill of Quantities (B.O.Q) and the preparation of a Bill of Materials (B.O.M)
How we do it
You provide us with all of the tender documents and we use industry average labour rates, industry average material discount rates and our own experience and expertise to produce estimates on your behalf.
Alternatively, we can make the estimate more specific to your company by using the following:
- Labour rates provided by you
- Material discount rates provided by you
- Quotations supplied from your preferred subcontractors
- Overhead and Profit mark up provided by you
What you receive
Each estimate is returned with a tender summary, a detailed tender breakdown, listing all elements of the estimate, a schedule of rates and a bill of materials.
Where the design and build service is utilised, we will provide you with copies of the drawings produced to formulate the estimate, along with a description of the works and a brief specification of the materials chosen.
How we work
We operate on a strictly confidential basis; any privileged information you provide us with, to enable us to produce the estimate for you, will be safeguarded and not disclosed to any third party.
We only operate on a one-client one-project basis therefore we will not produce an estimate for the same project for another client.
The benefits of using Drake QS to produce your estimates are:
- Reduce your overhead by paying for estimating as and when you need it
- Free up time for your staff to manage your projects more efficiently
- Free up time for your staff to pursue future work and grow your business
- Always being able to return an estimate to your client(s) because you have the resource to do it
- Returning more tenders increases the likelihood of securing more work
To view examples of our Estimating Services work, please visit our case studies page here.